7:01 AM

#11 Thursday, April 9, 2009


Waiting, Waiting.....

Today is a hard day for me for some reason, I am struggling to stay positive.
I don't know why it is so difficult to wait, but I have been here a while now and it's hard to be away from familiar surroundings. I feel like I'm stuck in purgatory or something.
I am tired of having nothing to do, hearing Russian, seeing so many stray dogs roaming around, the poverty of life here......Please, PLEASE be grateful for what you have in America.

Today I took Stas and Natasha to town again, we walked, it is sunny and nice today. We had a purpose today - the social worker asked if we could buy some computer paper. Sure, no problem.
We went to the store that had paper, closed. We asked around if someone knew where to get computer paper, they looked at us like we were strange.
We went back to the store where we have been every day where we bought the soccer balls - yes! they had computer paper. She gave me one package - I asked for more. She got a box of paper and was getting another package out, and I said stop, I want the whole box.
So we took it and I told the kids we would take a taxi back to the orphanage. We sat outside and had something to snack on, more ice cream - and I got a coffee from a machine, woo-hoo. You can't get a decent cup of coffee here!!! Everything is instant! The machine one was better than instant, so I had two tiny cups. I felt a little better.
We took the taxi back and brought the paper to Nickolai, the social worker, he was astounded!
He was so grateful for the load of paper, we had bought him two ink cartridges last week for the computer - he is so happy.

It is now 5pm and we will eat dinner soon - Olga makes wonderful food. Stas is watching a cartoon on t.v. I will need to watch a station in English later so I can hear some English and find out what is going on in the world, I have no idea!
I am running out of books to read - I brought 6 books, and I am on the last! I just read Slumdog Millionaire and it was very interesting, must see the movie now.
We are waiting until Monday - that should be the day we can get the court decree and passport and go to Kiev.

0 comments: