8:49 AM

#12 Friday, April 10, 2009


Friday in Novo Vodologa

Well, today I had to encourage myself to get up, and get through another day. Walked to the orphanage at 2pm and was able to speak to Alexander, the social worker, he's been gone and is now back. He's the only one who speaks english!
Not sure how we've gotten by this whole time with just words and gestures, but it's nice to speak to someone in english. He's a very nice person.
Stas and I walked to Olgas and called a taxi to go to town today, I needed to buy minutes for my cell phone and Stas was my interpretor! He did a great job asking for what I needed and the lady put the minutes on my phone. I got coffee in the machine for my treat, and Stas got ice cream.
Stas told the taxi driver everything and told me how much - he did a great job!
We had dinner and now it's time to go back to the orphanage in 30 min.
Made it through another day!
Stas tells me every day "I love you" in english - things are great.
So two more days until Monday - tomorrow we are having some tea at Stas' caregivers house, Lyudmilla. It will be sad when he has to tell her goodbye.

0 comments: